RPM Community Forums

Mailing List Message of <popt-devel>

Re: A little more stpcpy() tweaking + a "..." bonus

From: Jeff Johnson <n3npq@mac.com>
Date: Fri 28 Mar 2008 - 23:30:06 CET
Message-Id: <1972E7D6-8BE0-434E-A4D1-5E4405442411@mac.com>

On Mar 26, 2008, at 11:13 AM, Wayne Davison wrote:

> I made a couple more places use stpcpy() in the code, optimizing  
> away a
> couple strlen() calls in the process.  I also tweaked the help code  
> that
> was abbreviating a long value using "..." to allow a string to fit  
> if it
> can, rather than always reserving space for the "..." chars.  I.e.  
> if we
> had room for 4 word chars, instead of outputting "w...", it would  
> allow
> a full "word" to be output, since it fits.
>
>


Just in case: this patch was added in the last 2 days, will be in   
popt-1.14 when released.

I've also fixed "make check" now that the root cause, broken  
Fedorable /bin/echo,
has beeen repaired.

Still no word from the umlaut's, or the UTF8 -> current locale,  
problems. I'm likely
to release popt-1.14 in spite of the b0rkage, popt-1.14 is fully  
functional in
spite of whether --help columns align (or not) with the current patch  
set.

No help == no fixing, as always in OSS. Visual display issues wrto  
wide character encoding
are nasty reproducers, extremely specific to envvar's and other  
reproducer peculierarities ...

FWIW, I'd really really like to fix the problems. Alas, I'm just a  
dumb 'merikkkan, ASCII
is always gud enuf for me. popt-1.14 is not broken if --help columns  
don't align ...

73 de Jeff
Received on Fri Mar 28 23:30:48 2008
Driven by Jeff Johnson and the RPM project team.
Hosted by OpenPKG and Ralf S. Engelschall.
Powered by FreeBSD and OpenPKG.