RPM Community Forums

Mailing List Message of <popt-devel>

Re: test1-55 failes on Solaris

From: Jeff Johnson <n3npq@mac.com>
Date: Fri 25 Sep 2009 - 13:17:46 CEST
Message-id: <0CD9BB79-E786-4B0D-95DF-1CEBE9633551@mac.com>

On Sep 25, 2009, at 3:34 AM, Dagobert Michelsen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am currently trying to build libpopt 1.15 on Solaris 8 with
> Sun Studio 11. After successfull compilation I have a failing
> test:
>

I doubt that --help formatting is a serious issue in popt.

Its likely a cosmetic issue. Comparing large multiline strings in shell
with escaped characters is annoying. It looks like
the test is failing because "test1" != "lt-test1" in argv[0].
argv[0] is/was changed by libtool.

73 de Jeff

>> Running test test1 - 55.
>> Test "test1 --usage" failed with: "Usage: test1 [-I?] [-c|-- 
>> cb2=STRING] [--arg1] [-2|--arg2=ARG]
>>        [-3|--arg3=ANARG] [-onedash] [--optional=STRING] [--val]
>>        [-i|--int=INT] [-l|--long=LONG] [-L|--longlong=LONGLONG]
>>        [-f|--float=FLOAT] [-d|--double=DOUBLE] [--randint=INT]
>>        [--randlong=LONG] [--randlonglong=LONGLONG] [--argv] [-- 
>> bitset]
>>        [--bitclr] [--bitxor] [--nstr=STRING] [--lstr=STRING] [-I|-- 
>> inc]
>>        [-c|--cb=STRING] [--longopt] [-?|--help] [--usage] [-- 
>> simple=ARG]" != "Usage: lt-test1 [-I?] [-c|--cb2=STRING] [--arg1]  
>> [-2|--arg2=ARG]
>>        [-3|--arg3=ANARG] [-onedash] [--optional=STRING] [--val]
>>        [-i|--int=INT] [-l|--long=LONG] [-L|--longlong=LONGLONG]
>>        [-f|--float=FLOAT] [-d|--double=DOUBLE] [--randint=INT]
>>        [--randlong=LONG] [--randlonglong=LONGLONG] [--argv] [-- 
>> bitset]
>>        [--bitclr] [--bitxor] [--nstr=STRING] [--lstr=STRING] [-I|-- 
>> inc]
>>        [-c|--cb=STRING] [--longopt] [-?|--help] [--usage] [-- 
>> simple=ARG]"
>> FAIL: testit.sh
>
> Further inspection shows
>
>> + run test1 test1 - 55 Usage: lt-test1 [-I?] [-c|--cb2=STRING] [-- 
>> arg1] [-2|--arg2=ARG]
>>        [-3|--arg3=ANARG] [-onedash] [--optional=STRING] [--val]
>>        [-i|--int=INT] [-l|--long=LONG] [-L|--longlong=LONGLONG]
>>        [-f|--float=FLOAT] [-d|--double=DOUBLE] [--randint=INT]
>>        [--randlong=LONG] [--randlonglong=LONGLONG] [--argv] [-- 
>> bitset]
>>        [--bitclr] [--bitxor] [--nstr=STRING] [--lstr=STRING] [-I|-- 
>> inc]
>>        [-c|--cb=STRING] [--longopt] [-?|--help] [--usage] [-- 
>> simple=ARG] --usage
>> prog=test1
>> + shift
>> name=test1 - 55
>> + shift
>> answer=Usage: lt-test1 [-I?] [-c|--cb2=STRING] [--arg1] [-2|-- 
>> arg2=ARG]
>>        [-3|--arg3=ANARG] [-onedash] [--optional=STRING] [--val]
>>        [-i|--int=INT] [-l|--long=LONG] [-L|--longlong=LONGLONG]
>>        [-f|--float=FLOAT] [-d|--double=DOUBLE] [--randint=INT]
>>        [--randlong=LONG] [--randlonglong=LONGLONG] [--argv] [-- 
>> bitset]
>>        [--bitclr] [--bitxor] [--nstr=STRING] [--lstr=STRING] [-I|-- 
>> inc]
>>        [-c|--cb=STRING] [--longopt] [-?|--help] [--usage] [-- 
>> simple=ARG]
>> + shift
>> + echo Running test test1 - 55.
>> Running test test1 - 55.
>> + /home/dam/mgar/pkg/libpopt/trunk/work/build-isa-sparcv8/popt-1.15/ 
>> test1 --usage
>> HOME=/home/dam/mgar/pkg/libpopt/trunk/work/build-isa-sparcv8/ 
>> popt-1.15
>> result=Usage: test1 [-I?] [-c|--cb2=STRING] [--arg1] [-2|--arg2=ARG]
>>        [-3|--arg3=ANARG] [-onedash] [--optional=STRING] [--val]
>>        [-i|--int=INT] [-l|--long=LONG] [-L|--longlong=LONGLONG]
>>        [-f|--float=FLOAT] [-d|--double=DOUBLE] [--randint=INT]
>>        [--randlong=LONG] [--randlonglong=LONGLONG] [--argv] [-- 
>> bitset]
>>        [--bitclr] [--bitxor] [--nstr=STRING] [--lstr=STRING] [-I|-- 
>> inc]
>>        [-c|--cb=STRING] [--longopt] [-?|--help] [--usage] [-- 
>> simple=ARG]
>> + [ Usage: lt-test1 [-I?] [-c|--cb2=STRING] [--arg1] [-2|--arg2=ARG]
>>        [-3|--arg3=ANARG] [-onedash] [--optional=STRING] [--val]
>>        [-i|--int=INT] [-l|--long=LONG] [-L|--longlong=LONGLONG]
>>        [-f|--float=FLOAT] [-d|--double=DOUBLE] [--randint=INT]
>>        [--randlong=LONG] [--randlonglong=LONGLONG] [--argv] [-- 
>> bitset]
>>        [--bitclr] [--bitxor] [--nstr=STRING] [--lstr=STRING] [-I|-- 
>> inc]
>>        [-c|--cb=STRING] [--longopt] [-?|--help] [--usage] [-- 
>> simple=ARG] != Usage: test1 [-I?] [-c|--cb2=STRING] [--arg1] [-2|-- 
>> arg2=ARG]
>>        [-3|--arg3=ANARG] [-onedash] [--optional=STRING] [--val]
>>        [-i|--int=INT] [-l|--long=LONG] [-L|--longlong=LONGLONG]
>>        [-f|--float=FLOAT] [-d|--double=DOUBLE] [--randint=INT]
>>        [--randlong=LONG] [--randlonglong=LONGLONG] [--argv] [-- 
>> bitset]
>>        [--bitclr] [--bitxor] [--nstr=STRING] [--lstr=STRING] [-I|-- 
>> inc]
>>        [-c|--cb=STRING] [--longopt] [-?|--help] [--usage] [-- 
>> simple=ARG] ]
>> + echo Test "test1 --usage" failed with: "Usage: test1 [-I?] [-c|-- 
>> cb2=STRING] [--arg1] [-2|--arg2=ARG]
>>        [-3|--arg3=ANARG] [-onedash] [--optional=STRING] [--val]
>>        [-i|--int=INT] [-l|--long=LONG] [-L|--longlong=LONGLONG]
>>        [-f|--float=FLOAT] [-d|--double=DOUBLE] [--randint=INT]
>>        [--randlong=LONG] [--randlonglong=LONGLONG] [--argv] [-- 
>> bitset]
>>        [--bitclr] [--bitxor] [--nstr=STRING] [--lstr=STRING] [-I|-- 
>> inc]
>>        [-c|--cb=STRING] [--longopt] [-?|--help] [--usage] [-- 
>> simple=ARG]" != "Usage: lt-test1 [-I?] [-c|--cb2=STRING] [--arg1]  
>> [-2|--arg2=ARG]
>>        [-3|--arg3=ANARG] [-onedash] [--optional=STRING] [--val]
>>        [-i|--int=INT] [-l|--long=LONG] [-L|--longlong=LONGLONG]
>>        [-f|--float=FLOAT] [-d|--double=DOUBLE] [--randint=INT]
>>        [--randlong=LONG] [--randlonglong=LONGLONG] [--argv] [-- 
>> bitset]
>>        [--bitclr] [--bitxor] [--nstr=STRING] [--lstr=STRING] [-I|-- 
>> inc]
>>        [-c|--cb=STRING] [--longopt] [-?|--help] [--usage] [-- 
>> simple=ARG]"
>> Test "test1 --usage" failed with: "Usage: test1 [-I?] [-c|-- 
>> cb2=STRING] [--arg1] [-2|--arg2=ARG]
>>        [-3|--arg3=ANARG] [-onedash] [--optional=STRING] [--val]
>>        [-i|--int=INT] [-l|--long=LONG] [-L|--longlong=LONGLONG]
>>        [-f|--float=FLOAT] [-d|--double=DOUBLE] [--randint=INT]
>>        [--randlong=LONG] [--randlonglong=LONGLONG] [--argv] [-- 
>> bitset]
>>        [--bitclr] [--bitxor] [--nstr=STRING] [--lstr=STRING] [-I|-- 
>> inc]
>>        [-c|--cb=STRING] [--longopt] [-?|--help] [--usage] [-- 
>> simple=ARG]" != "Usage: lt-test1 [-I?] [-c|--cb2=STRING] [--arg1]  
>> [-2|--arg2=ARG]
>>        [-3|--arg3=ANARG] [-onedash] [--optional=STRING] [--val]
>>        [-i|--int=INT] [-l|--long=LONG] [-L|--longlong=LONGLONG]
>>        [-f|--float=FLOAT] [-d|--double=DOUBLE] [--randint=INT]
>>        [--randlong=LONG] [--randlonglong=LONGLONG] [--argv] [-- 
>> bitset]
>>        [--bitclr] [--bitxor] [--nstr=STRING] [--lstr=STRING] [-I|-- 
>> inc]
>>        [-c|--cb=STRING] [--longopt] [-?|--help] [--usage] [-- 
>> simple=ARG]"
>> + exit 2
>
> To me it looks like the test doesn't have been adjusted. Would you  
> consider
> it safe to release the library anyway?
>
>
> Best regards
>
>  -- Dago
>
> ______________________________________________________________________
> POPT Library                                           http://rpm5.org
> Developer Communication List                       popt-devel@rpm5.org
Received on Fri Sep 25 13:18:08 2009
Driven by Jeff Johnson and the RPM project team.
Hosted by OpenPKG and Ralf S. Engelschall.
Powered by FreeBSD and OpenPKG.