Well, here's the relevant output from the library, which shows that the
library does indeed use "name-mangled" IOS functions from C++. I don't
know WHY, but it is undeniable that the references require C++.
| % nm -u /usr/local/lib/libbeecrypt.so
| Undefined symbols from /usr/local/lib/libbeecrypt.so:
... and so on.
I tried the advice from this thread
<http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-bugs/2004-05/msg00123.html> and I tried just
changing my /usr/include/assert.h, which was indeed way out of date, but
that by itself wouldn't fix configure. Apparently I need to rebuild Gcc
(which, incidentally, I got from SunFreeSource as a binary,) with the
What really bothers me, though, is that when I installed BeeCrypt, I ran
and I passed all the texts there without batting an eyelash. Why didn't
this library problem get picked up then, by any of the 15 tests in the
suite? When it says
All 15 tests passed
I tend to take it at its word and assume that the installation is
Thanks for the assists and advice, everyone. I'll let the list know
what happens when I get to the bottom of it.
On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 06:09:28 -0400, "Jeff Johnson" <email@example.com> said:
> Hmmm, libstdc++ is certainly not needed or used by rpm => beecrypt.
> I don't see why -lstdc++ is even searched offhand, perhaps its through
> external Berkeley DB in -L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.6/lib somehow (but
> that's just guessing ...)
> 73 de Jeff
> RPM Package Manager http://rpm5.org
> User Communication List firstname.lastname@example.org
Eliyahu Skoczylas Computer Consultant
+972 (54) 659-4445 <EliSko@Eli-Sko.com>
Received on Tue Apr 1 16:56:43 2008