I realize it has been a while since I've posted any progress of my RPM5 install on FreeBSD, but I did want to provide an update. I was able to install RPM5 with relative ease from FreeBSD ports. The only real challenge was that libSM failed to compile when it attempted to include /usr/local/include/uuid.h vs. /usr/include/uuid.h. To work around this, I opted to move the former to a new name and re-run 'make install' and reversed the change later.
The simple tests I have done thus far have run and completed successfully. I see that the only real tedious part will be making sure that the Provides are all in place and I imagine it will be an ongoing task that gradually decreases over time.
Thanks to Jeff and Anders for helping me get it up and running!
Vincent (Rick) Miller
21345 Ridgetop Cir Dulles, VA 20166
Received on Wed Jan 11 16:36:28 2012